Sunday, January 5, 2014

Manipal's Pay it Forward

         Pay it Forward is a concept where a person performs a act of kindness to another or a group of people and that they do the same to another person or group of people and the process repeats.          


          My Pay it Forward act of kindness was volunteering at the Gurudwara (Temple) and helping set up plates for Lungar (food for all). I chose this as my Pay it Forward act of kindness because I believe in the Sikh religion which is based on equality which is what Lungar represents food for all, no matter what age, gender, social status or religion. I helped the people who were at the Gurudwara who listened to the entire service. I first set up the plates and spoons and I placed the cups and tissues and finally severed water( I do not have a picture of that unfortunately.). I did this act of kindness during Sunday morning on Dec.29 2013.














             
                   I think my act of kindness went well because I helped set up the plates and utensils pretty quick. I helped set up the plates and utensils and after everyone was seated I helped serve water. I unfortunately did not ask anybody about Pay it Forward because It slipped my mind. I appologise for forgetting to ask anybody about Pay it Forward.

            I feel the concept of Pay it Forward is important because  its a simple concept in which a person does a an act of kindness to another and they repeat and it is a small way of making the world a better place. I feel like this may have made some people happy because I chose to help at the Gurudwara, though it may not help a lot, it may make some people thankful for things they can do easily.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment