Sunday, January 5, 2014

Marla Mae's Pay It Forward

Welcome To My Pay It Forward Project 2014

Group Members: Corinne, Alieha, Rose May, Marla Mae(Me), Joyce, and Tiana. Sargent Park 8-16

Part 1.

What is "Pay It Forward"?

Pay it forward is where you have to do an act of kindness to three people or at least one. The act of kindness you do to that person could be a simple thing like holding a door for them or even making a change in their life. After you pay it forward to that person, that same person now has to also pay it forward to three or at least one person and they do an act of kindness that can make an impact in that persons life, this then goes on and on. It changes the world and how we look at one another. The image below shows a diagram of how pay it forward works.
~Diagram Of What Pay It Forward Looks Like~
Part 2.

What was your Pay It Forward act of kindness?

My Pay It Forward act of kindness was that I purchased some new toys and then brought them to the Children's Hospital and donate them. I also went there with my group(Corinne, Alieha, Rose May, Joyce, and Tiana from 8-16) Some of us also made and wrote letters to the workers at the Children's Hospital and thanked them. We also explained to them what pay it forward was and asked them to Pay It Forward.



Why did you choose this activity?

Technically we chose to do this activity because we wanted the children in the Children's Hospital to start off the new year with some new things. We also wanted the children to know that more than just their family are there for them. We also chose to do this activity because we also wanted to show our appreciation to the workers at the Children's Hospital for their hard work, and to remind them that their jobs are important for watching over children's lives and helping them get better.

Who did you help?

My group and I didn't really help the children in the hospital, we technically just payed it forward to them with new things for the new year. We gave them toys so they could play with them in their room instead of just laying in bed worrying about what's going to happen to them. The toys were for them to enjoy and keep their mind off things that they're worrying about and to just have fun with their new toys. We also kind of helped the workers there to remind them that their jobs are very important and that we're really thankful to have them working there.

What did you do?

What I did was donate new toys to children at the Children Hospital with five of my friends. (Corinne, Alieha, Rose May, Joyce, and Tiana)


When did you do your act of kindness?

I did my act of kindness on Saturday, January 4th, 2013.

Paying It Forward at the Children's Hospital


















Part 3.

How did your act of kindness go?

I think that my act of kindness went pretty good. We got to give the kids at the hospital new toys and show our appreciation to the workers that worked at the Children's Hospital. It was actually better than what my group and I expected because we weren't very prepared and organized when we planned our act of kindness. But overall we had a good time.

What happened?

What happened was we successfully donated the toys to the Children's Hospital. But I'll talk about the whole thing that happened when we were there. Most parts of the Children's Hospital were close but luckily some floors were open. So when we got to one of the floors and looked for a desk to see if we could donate the toys to the kids who were on that one floor. When we got to the desk, there was a kind lady and told us that we couldn't give the new toys to the children in person but that they would be glad to give it for us, which was good enough. The lady at the desk was also very surprised and over whelmed. We then took pictures of us paying it forward with the lady at the desk and some of the nurses that were free to take the picture with us.

How did you feel?

Doing this pay it forward project made me feel pretty proud of myself for accomplishing this project. Just seeing the smile on their faces shows that my group and I did a good deed. It made me want to do something like this again but next time something bigger and better. I also realized that little things like this will usually catch peoples attention and want to also do something similar, like what you did for them, which is paying it forward. This project overall was a great experience.

How did the person or people react?

The lady at the desk was very surprised and thankful for what we were doing. Other nurses and workers came closer to us to see what was going on. The lady at the desk then explained to the nurses that about us donating toys. Then the other nurses were also saying how they were glad that a group of young students like us were doing good deeds around the city.

Did you ask the person or people to "Pay It Forward"?

Yes, we did explain what pay it forward was to the lady at the desk. It was later then explained to some of the other workers there.

How did they react to your request?

The lady at the desk was happy with our request and was glad to pay it forward. I'm pretty sure the other nurses were also going to pay it forward too. They were really thankful for what we did. I'm also pretty sure they are sending a thank-you letter to our school.

Part 4.

Why is the idea "Pay It Forward" important?

I think that the idea of "Pay It Forward" is actually very important because the way it works is pretty simple and people actually pay it forward everyday, some people just don't realize that they're paying it forward. But paying it forward is important because in the end we're all helping one another, either just in our community or even internationally. Being kind and doing pay it forward will bring all of us closer together and be able to work together. Pay it forward will change how we look at the world and how we look at each other.

Has your act of kindness made a difference?

I think that my group and I maybe made a difference emotionally to the kids and workers at the hospital. I don't think I really made a difference to the kids but I know I did something good and enjoyed doing it. As I said in one of my answers, I do want to do something like this again, but next time something bigger and better. So I think that my act of kindness didn't really make a difference but did effect more than a few people. All I I know is that I'm proud for what my group and I did.

And That's my Pay It Forward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment